Recovery Day

15 Nov

Happy Sunday!

Today, I declare, is Recovery Day. I got together with some friends last night, and after one too many treats (read: ice cream abomination) I woke up this morning with a need to detoxify!

Angela recently wrote a post about getting back on track after an indulgence that I felt was extremely helpful for me. You can find her post: HERE. She talks about using superfoods and other “healing”  items that will get you feeling back to normal in no time. Now, I don’t have any wheatgrass shots or special vitamins, since I usually stick to my ever so loyal Flintstones Vitamins. So I created my own number of steps to detoxify.

step 1 this morning was:

• cinnamon
  • fresh squeezed lemon
  • tons of ice

Step 2:

DSC01587

Lemon water.

Lemon has the ability to refresh and detoxify your body….perfect for this declared recovery day. :)

Step 3:

Exercise!

The workout plan is to get bus-ay right after I press Publish. On the agenda:

DSC01579

IMG_4220

Anyone heard of Hip Hop Abs? It is made from the same people as Turbo Jam, which I have expressed my love for recently. It, too, is a fun workout…I usually end up laughing through the whole thing because the main instructor gets so into the music. Fun times.

And no, unfortunately I don’t have Polly’s DVD, but I will be using one of her online videos! I’m thinking I will do Yoga for Runners…I need a good leg stretch!

And there you have it, my easy peasy 3 step recovery plan, adapted from the lovely Angela!

In other news:

I bought a spiralizer!

World Cuisine Tri-Blade Plastic Spiral Vegetable Slicer

After seeing all the delicious creations on Fitnessista’s, Averie’s, and Gena’s blogs, I finally succumbed and ordered one off of Amazon. Want to get one for youself? No problem, you can find it HERE.

I can’t wait to put together some raw deliciousness in the very near future. Lets hope this gets delivered ASAP!

Recipes I have my eye on:

Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles

Asian Dressing

Tahini Sauce

And here’s one more recipe that has nothing to do with spiralized veggies, but is definitely food-gasm worthy:

Raw Vegan Chocolate Coconut Snowballs.

Averie, you’ve outdone yourself on this one. I want them balls. (do I even need to say it? Why yes, I think I will…That’s What She Said).

Ok, I’m off to continue on with my Recovery Day.

How are you spending YOUR Sunday?

Something to do:

Enter Katie’s chocolate covered give away HERE. Enjoy!

16 Responses to “Recovery Day”

1. Emily November 15, 2009 at 6:07 pm #

I have always wanted a spiralizer….too cool!

Love your plan for detoxifying! I bet I would be laughing right along with you….gotta love silly workout DVDs!

2. Abby November 15, 2009 at 6:09 pm #

OOH you must post spiralizer pics!! I want one.

Love your green monster.. Im feeling I need one myself! Lol :)

3. VeggieGirl November 15, 2009 at 6:42 pm #

YAAAY love spiralizers :)

4. onehealthyapple November 15, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

Sounds like a nice, healthy recovery plan! I enjoy hot water and lemon- it really helps if my stomach is feeling gross.

I am working on homework and hoping to get in a workout today, with football in the background!

Have a good day!

5. Emily (http://funnyemily.wordpress.com) November 15, 2009 at 7:46 pm #

what a wonderful recovery filled sunday.
    eh mine is not as nice, i am studying, taking an exam, then studying some more. woo, not.
    mm that green monster looks soo good, i am going to have to steal it for when i get my wisdom teeth out next week ;)

6. Jenny November 15, 2009 at 9:59 pm #

hope you have a nice relaxing sunday :) sounds like you had a blast last night!

7. Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope November 15, 2009 at 10:07 pm #

Who doesn’t love a green smoothie as a way to detoxify and get back on track. LOVE your mix!

I’ve been eyeing all the delicious spirilzer recipes as well! I can’t wait to hear what you think of yours. I definitely should consider getting one myself.

xxoo
    Heather

8. Naomi(onefitfoodie) November 15, 2009 at 10:09 pm #

soo jelly in the belly of your spirizer!!! what are you going to make first? i saw some awesome zuchinni pasta going on in blog world, you must try that!!

great green monster that is the greenest I have seen in a while!

thanks for checking on the zevia stuff for me! you are the bestttt

xo

9. Meg November 15, 2009 at 11:18 pm #

Oh my gooooshhhh Kristi!!! I’m SO JEALOUS of your spiralizer! Ughhh now you’re gonna taunt me with all of the amazing things you’ll make with it :P haha enjoy it!

Enjoy the rest of your detox day. I bet the ice cream was SO worth it, though ;)
    Love ya!

10. shelby November 15, 2009 at 11:47 pm #

Hip hop abs! YESSS!! I used to do it in gym at school all the time! We always ended up having a blast. haha

I just made those snowballs today! YUM!

11. psychoj1 November 16, 2009 at 1:22 am #

I’ve never done hip hop abs, but it sounds like a fantastic workout! Fabulous recovery day :D
    <3 jess
    xoxo

12. april November 16, 2009 at 1:49 am #

I seriously love how you show your workout dvds.. I’m getting so many good ideas for my christmas list!

13. Devan Geselle Newman November 16, 2009 at 5:02 am #

Ah! YUM! your snowballs look great :D

and tres jelous of your spirilzer! have you had Ginas Pad Thai with zuccini noodles? so goood!

14. Kris | iheartwellness.com November 16, 2009 at 7:22 pm #

Haha! What a great post!! I wanted to know how turbo jam and hip hop abs were! I do P90X, it just kills me but is the best workout i have EVER done!

Mmm the chocolate snowballs look fab!!

XXOO

15. Kris | iheartwellness.com November 17, 2009 at 2:37 am #

Hi Kristi,
    Haha P90X is very intense, but it is the best workout i have ever done for results quickly! i bought mine from a local fitness equipment store :)

I really wanted to try turbo jam…lol…is it good?

16. kbwood November 19, 2009 at 3:30 am #

hey girl! i love your cute blog!! those snowballs look SO good..and the green monster! my green monsters are always fails..ohh well