- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup oil *
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups shredded zucchini- firmly packed!
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or regular whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
* can sub. more applesauce in for the oil if wanted
In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, oil vanilla- several minutes until fluffy. Shred zucchini using a large sized shredding disk. (hint: it isn’t necessary to peel the zucchini…leaving it on adds color and fiber) Stir zucchini into wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry sifted ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in any optional ingredients.
Spray pans with cooking spray and dust lightly with flour. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake at 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean and top springs back to the touch.
Best zucchini recipe I have made!
2 big loafs: 50-60 minutes