Hardcore productivity

18 Jan

Hey guys! Hopefully you all are enjoying a day off for MLK day…and if not, well, good for you for bringing home the bacon. ;) (tofu-bacon, preferably)

This  morning, I tried a new breakfast that has been catching me eye on April’s blog for the past few days now…

DSC01847

• 1/2 cup Oikos, plain
  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1/4 cup raw oats
  • stevia

Combine the night before, and devour the thick deliciousness in the morning. (or at midnight cause you just couldn’t wait)

DSC01848

The Shiz.

Guys, this is crazy good. You’ve gotta try this combo asap.

After my strength training shenanigans yesterday, today was dubbed Cardio Day.

I headed to the gym for some Around the World action. Here’s what went down:

• 10 minutes on the stair master, level 7
  • 15 minutes elliptical
  • 15 minutes bike

And before I knew it, I was done. I like spreading out my workout and not just doing the same exact movement the whole time. Makes for much more of a fun workout. :)

Came back home just in time for lunch. It was extra delicious and GREEN.

Green Monster with protein:

DSC01850

• 1 cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • sh!tload of spinach

spiralized zucchini with peanut sauce:

DSC01851

Peanut sauce recipe courtesy of HEAB! It was be found here.

DSC01852

Yummy.

Then after I got a good workout and delicious lunch under my belt, I decided to keep the productivity going with my much neglected To-Do List.

1. tackle the monster of a laundry pile. Check.
  2. fold it. Negative.
  3. sweep/dust/organize room. Half-Check.
  4. get school stuff ready for tomorrow. Check.
  5. lay out clothes for the morning. Negative.
  6. upload new songs on Ipod. Check.
  7. Make shrimp pasta for dinner. Check.

Still got a few things to work on. Slowly but surely I’ll get ‘em done.

Snacks of the afternoon included…

a protein pancake covered in Oikos plus 1/2 banana

DSC01680

And some fruit a little later on.

DSC01810

Frozen mangos and blueberries nuked in the microwave for a minute. LOVE. I’ve been having this for dessert a lot lately. It is just so sweet and refreshing.

You guys want to see my dinner?

DSC01855

DSC01856

SHRIMP PASTA!!!!

Recipe can be found here. :D

Before I can feast on that glory, I need to finish up that dreaded to-do list.

Have a great evening!

Something To Check Out:

Fitnessista’s Winter Shape Up! I’m participating…are you???

16 Responses to “Hardcore productivity”

1. april January 18, 2010 at 11:38 pm #

Isn’t the combo amazing?? Ah I love it!!

2. molly @thevegandorm January 19, 2010 at 12:12 am #

I lurrrrrrv frozen mango! Yum!

3. gina (fitnessista) January 19, 2010 at 12:37 am #

so awesome you’re doing the shape up! i love it :)
    those spiralized noodles look wonderful!
    have a great day :D

4. Shelley (findinghappinessandhealth) January 19, 2010 at 12:43 am #

i make to do lists too :) yay for april’s breakfasts..that looks delicious!

xoxo
    shelley

5. traynharder23 January 19, 2010 at 1:29 am #

hahha thanks for your comment! i love your food pictures! they make me hungry. =D i’ve never tried spiralized food. i gotta get wit the times!

6. kbwood January 19, 2010 at 1:43 am #

YOU DINNER LOOKS AMAZEEE girl!!
    love it!
    and the pancake!

7. Heather Eats Almond Butter January 19, 2010 at 2:56 am #

Did you really eat your overnight oats at midnight? So funny. Yummy day of eats, and it sounds like you got a lot done.

I love switching up my workout too. I used to force myself to stay on the treadmill the entire time I was at the gym. Boring boring boring.

Thanks for the peanut sauce shout-out! :)

8. melonshot. January 19, 2010 at 5:12 am #

Mmm i LOVE having frozen mango and blueberry chunks!! warmed up :) Delish! i have been doing that with pineapple too!

when I used to eat dairy.. cottage cheese and yogurt ALWAYS made a daily appearance<3

9. daintyvegan January 19, 2010 at 10:45 pm #

Would your green monster taste any different without the protein powder? I’d like to try it but I don’t really use protein powder. The texture would probably be a bit different too.. hmm.

I like your to-do list. I need to get my butt in gear and make one of my own. Although I don’t always finish everything on my lists, they DO help me get some stuff done.

• Sweet Cheeks January 24, 2010 at 8:21 pm #

You can definitely make green monsters without the protein powder!! I do that a lot and they taste wonderful. I’ve been adding in the protein powder since I’m strength training more now. :)

10. janetha January 20, 2010 at 12:04 am #

glad you have been so productive! i love april’s eats~ the one you tried looks great. and so does that greeeen monster. xoxo

11. annie January 20, 2010 at 2:51 am #

i just love reading your blog :)
    the food and your motivation to work out inspires me to keep on keepin on ;)

hope you are having a great week pretty girl!!

12. Tara January 21, 2010 at 1:20 pm #

Yum your breakfast and snacks look so fresh!! Sounds like yet another great workout sess!! <3

13. Emily January 22, 2010 at 2:18 am #

Get it girl! Don’t you just love being productive! Such a high! haha :D

Spiralized Zucc…jealous, much?! YEP!

14. taylor January 22, 2010 at 2:45 am #

definitely wanna try that CC/BB combo you had for breakfast!

15. Meg January 22, 2010 at 3:12 pm #

That shrimp recipe looks AWESOME! Good luck with your list althought I’m sure you’re done by now and have another to complete :P

Hope you’re enjoying your Friday love! Keep up the good eats – I’m on a cottage cheese kick – can’t get enough ;)

Love!!