Relaxation Station

4 Jun

Happy Weekend friends!

Today has been pretty darn amazing so far I must say. It started out with taking my very first yoga class! It was a gentle class, so I wasn’t whipping out any hardcore poses yet but I really really enjoyed it! It was so relaxing and I was actually able to clear my mind, de-stress, and just slow down and enjoy the moment…which being a type-A personality I have a hard time doing very often.

*Side Note* I did end up taking my first spin class on Thursday night as planned but I must have brought some bad luck with me because literally 5 minutes into the class, the entire gym starts have technical problems, lights going out, equipment shutting off…it was crazy! So after trying to figure out how to get the music back on for a good 15-20 minutes, class ended up being cancelled. Is this a sign that spin class just isn’t for me?!? HA. But I am still glad I went and got to meet the instructor dude (who is awesome!) and some of the other people in the class. I am planning on going back next Tuesday night to give it another go!

Anyways, back to this morning, after yoga I walked out feeling absolutely zen and fabulous and my friend and I decided to hit up a nearby trail for a post-yoga trail walk! We did about 2 miles and called it good. I am having so much fun switching things up with fitness and trying new things. It can be hard at first to put yourself out there and not be in your comfort zone, but it is so rewarding if you just DO IT. I am really glad that I’m being brave and experimenting with different classes and it’s also a really great way to meet new people who have similar interests as you. I definitely recommend it and don’t know why I waited so long!

Afterwards, I came home to make a new breakfast!

001

I whipped out this bag of millet that I’ve had in the cabinets for forever! I followed the instructions here on soaking, toasting, and grinding them yesterday. Then this morning I cooked some up on the stovetop with 1 cup almond milk and 1 cup water:

006

PB and J style, with a giant green protein shake along with it!

Other recent eats~

003

blended silken tofu  with almond milk = vegan greek yogurt that doesn’t make my tummy unhappy like regular yogurt! Tastes delicious, too…especially with banana and peanuts!

013

I popped my own popcorn (plus walnuts) to take when Jessica and I went to Bridesmaids! It is really funny if you like raunchy humor, LOL.

015

Shrimp and scallop stirfry cooked in some curry simmer sauce (So. Good.) and topped with diced avocado

016

peanut flour cake topped with pb and j

017

PB and J pizzert and scrambled egg whites.

Obviously, I’m also on a PB and J kick!

023

bean and avocado burrito with an orange, carrots and salsa for dippin’

024

vegan tofu yogurt with a boat cake

And now I’ve got to get going to my re-scheduled massage appointment. I hope it will be worth the extra wait!

Yoga, trail walks, friends, massage…yep, today is definitely a day of relaxation and I’m loving every minute of it. I hope you all are having amazing days as well. Love to you all!!! :D

What are you doing today?

17 Responses to “Relaxation Station”

1. kat June 4, 2011 at 5:51 pm #

Sorry to hear about spin :( but yoga sounds like it was awesome!! Would love to go to a yoga class once! I bet it would be much more peaceful then in my house with my puppy licking my face ;)

2. Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope June 4, 2011 at 6:26 pm #

So glad you got to check out a yoga class! I remember the first few times I went to a group class and it was definitely a nerve-wracking experience, but TOTALLY worth it! Definitely check out the spin class too… sounds like fun! Enjoy your massage today!

3. Sarah - feeedingbrainandbody June 4, 2011 at 6:28 pm #

That’s great your yoga class worked out! I have had a horrible day today: I treked down to campus (hour commute) to do a free class and it was a HORRIBLE experience. Then when I got home I was locked out of the house and starving! I’m hoping the rest of the day will improve greatly :)

• Sweet Cheeks June 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

oh wow, I’m sorry girl. Heres to making the rest of the day FANTASTIC!! xoxo

4. Jess June 4, 2011 at 6:40 pm #

YAY for yoga :D I’m so glad that worked out, but I’m sorry your spin class didn’t ;) Hopefully you can try another one soon, like you said.

Your day sounds PERFECT..enjoy it!!

5. applesnoats June 4, 2011 at 7:07 pm #

oh I’ve never tried spin before but it sounds pretty fun so i’ll have to give it a whirl soon! love your pb&j theme:)

6. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! June 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm #

I know what ya mean about being type A! Sometimes its hard just let your mind go in a yoga class but I find the more I go the more I am able to just REEEElax. I love all of your eats as always…..they always make me start craving lots of good stuff! :)

7. movesnmunchies June 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm #

oh no!! sorry aboutthe spin!! thats annoying!! woah millet?!?! that looks really good!

8. Alexandra June 4, 2011 at 8:56 pm #

What a fun, relaxing, pb&j kinda day!! I’m amazed by that peanut flour cake, I bet it tasted like heaven with the pb and jelly on top :) AHH and I hope you have a great massage, I’m totally jealous ;)

9. Anna June 4, 2011 at 9:40 pm #

WOW! i LOVE your blog! your recipes look and sound amazing!!! yaaay :-))))

10. lifttorun June 5, 2011 at 12:41 am #

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself, which is great. (:
    Try spin class again. It’s the best.

11. Katie June 5, 2011 at 1:08 pm #

Yay for yoga!! Im glad you liked it !! I love switching things up with fitness too! After my wedding I want to take some different fitness classes for sure!!

LOVE pizzert! I almost made one last night! its so good!

Love you! Hope your massage is fab!

12. teeneatlive June 5, 2011 at 3:38 pm #

I can’t wait to try yoga this summer! The last time was, I think, 1st grade…… Anything peanut butter and jelly is good! Nothin wrong with that ;)

13. paoang June 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

Yayyy for relaxation! Sounds like you had a great day! And the millet looks amazing…how’d you like it?!

14. dev June 5, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

i am drroooling. your food always look so good

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Best thing I’ve made in a while | Sweet Cheeks - June 7, 2011

[...] this time around because I’ve got spin class to get to soon. Fingers crossed it goes better than last time! This WIAW will feature some eats from today, with a couple mixed in from the last few [...]