Gone Like the Wind

3 Dec

Hello…remember me?

39677 425162054378 504874378 4549239 1227559 n

The girl who used to be good about blogging regularly? And then life happened!

It feels like I haven’t submitted a post for a gazillion years when in actuality it’s only been a week or two. But STILL that is way too long in my book. As I’m sure you could guess, things maybe-kinda-sorta-probably-most definitely have been a tad busy around here lately. Throw together a work schedule, extra-curricular activities, upcoming finals week, keeping up my fitness, attempting to squeeze in a bit of social time and you’re almost guaranteed a headache. I usually feel like I need A) a nap. or B) coffee.

Speaking of coffee….

My black friday victory landed me with the Platinum edition Keurig. Aka, my new baby. I love this thing!!! It will most definitely be the star of my apartment kitchen next semester. Next on the list? Hello, Vitamix!

NewImage

Hey, a girl can dream can’t she?

Today I have accomplished a small-ish workout because as noted, someone’s tired. Nail painting has also occurred and I’ve come to a very important conclusion: my polishes absolutely *must* be the 60 second fast dry kind because I have the patience level of a two year old.

Aaaand for the rest of this completely random post, I figured it would be a good idea to clean out some of my foodie picture folder. Sound good to you? okay great. :)

OIAJ X2

almond butter jar filled with egg white oats and goji berries

peanut butter jar filled with proats (protein oats- 1/2 cup oats + 1 serving cinnabon Trutein protein powder)

Fiber One/ kamut puff/ blueberry/ almond milk

1 egg + 3 egg whites, brussels, pb and j toast

pumpkin coconut pancakes

greek yogurt + pom seeds

more pumpkin protein pancakes!

frozen peanut flour popcorn with cinnamon, cocoa powder, and nutritional yeast

belgian waffles with cream cheese and homemade cranberry sauce—>so easy!

Christina’s lasagna using Joseph’s Flax Whole Grain Lavish Bread

so good! with massaged kale (olive oil, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper)

greek yogurt with banana and protein frosting (Trutein chocolate peanut butter cup flavor)

egg white oatbran with peanut flour cream (1/4 cup peanut flour mixed with almond milk)

pumpkin fluff from Thanksgiving!

homemade cranberry sauce—>1 bag of cranberries, 1 cup water, stevia to desired sweetness. Just combine it all in a saucepan on medium heat until it comes together. Could not be easier!

healthy pumpkin cheesecake bites:

NewImage

1/2 cup greek yogurt, 2 tbsp coconut flour, dash of vanilla extract and coconut extract, a few drops of vanilla stevia—>thick rich ice cream-like amazingness!

dorm cafeteria meal of grilled citrus herb SALMON (nom) with veggies (plus a bowl of cereal from my room…trying to use up food before I move out!)

Oh She Glows Vegan Lentil Walnut Loaf with green beans and tuna. Awesome recipe, Angela!!!

baked protein goodie with almond butter. What recipe was this? I have no idea. Oops. I do know that it was pretty dang good though. Maybe I will remember later.

Brain = fried. You know what that means…nap time! Thank God for the Weekend!!!!!!!

I have two weeks left before I’m finished with this semester and go home for the holidays. I foresee some good blogging time in the near future! And maybe some not-so-random posts at that? Haha, koudos to whoever made it through this one, you guys deserve a pat on the back. :D

I miss you all and am wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Q of the Day:

For all you fellow Keurig lovers, what are your favorite K-cups?

18 Responses to “Gone Like the Wind”

1. Alexandra December 3, 2011 at 9:43 pm #

I’ve made that coconut cake batter Greek yogurt before too, my tastebuds go to heaven every time! And salmon in the dining hall?? Danngggg :D
    I gotta say, I really want some of that pumpkin fluff, and I definitely need to make those pumpkin cheesecake bites over break, how tasty!
    Happy weekend my friend!

2. Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope December 3, 2011 at 10:22 pm #

I’ve seen keurig’s all over these days… definitely jealous! Those cheesecake bites sound amazing. Love how simple the recipe is too. Hang in there these last few weeks! :)

3. Katie Carso December 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm #

How can ANYONE forget your beautiful face?! You truly are and so sweet too!

Im so glad you got your keurig, I love mine so much! Its my BFF! <3

Happy weekend love! xoxo <3

• Sweetly Fit December 3, 2011 at 10:54 pm #

thanks, Katie! Happy weekend to you too. <3

4. KatsHealthCorner December 3, 2011 at 11:24 pm #

Haha, naps are the best!

Your eats looks so good girl! You live a yummilicious life! :D

5. Sable@SquatLikeALady December 4, 2011 at 12:29 am #

YAAAAY glad you’re back!!! =) The last few weeks of the semester are always SO nuts. All my classes are online this semester (wwwwwwooooooo humanities!) but I still feel chaotic. haha!

6. The Nut Butter Runner December 4, 2011 at 1:51 am #

I am so jealous of your keurig! Also, awesome eats. I made the vegan lentil walnut loaf (except sweet potato and gluten free) for Thanksgiving and it was delicious!! My mom and I want to adapt the recipe to make veggie burgers.. Nom.

7. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! December 4, 2011 at 12:52 pm #

Gaaaaaah!!! All your food always looks so good! I hope I can eat as yummy of meals as you when I’m in college!!!

8. Em (@Pureglow16) December 4, 2011 at 2:46 pm #

great recipes!!! :) and the vitamix is great. i’m sooo glad i have one! can’t wait til u have one too!

9. Shannon (Healthiful Balance) December 4, 2011 at 5:40 pm #

Thats such a pretty picture of you! :)
    And as always, YUMMY EATS!! :)

10. ilovefetacheese December 5, 2011 at 6:24 pm #

Good to see you again! yummy food!! Hope you liked the lasagna!

11. keepnthefaith December 6, 2011 at 6:50 pm #

How could I possibly forget your gorgeous face??!!!
    Yay for a keurig! I adore mine as well :) My favorite k kups would have to be the donut house coffee ones. The flavors are AMAZING, and it is seriously the best coffee I have ever had! Such a fan!

12. Jen@foodfamilyfitness December 7, 2011 at 6:42 pm #

My goodness, all of the meals look 100% delicious!!!

13. Sarah - feeedingbrainandbody December 8, 2011 at 3:25 pm #

Wow, I’m loving all these pictures!!! That’s a very interesting combination you have on your popcorn, I will have to try it out! :)

14. Carley @Health Hair & Hope December 9, 2011 at 2:38 am #

Love coffee and I’m so with you on the next up… VitaMix thing!! Healthy Pumpkin cheesecake bites look great!

15. Eric July 15, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

It’s magnificent that you enjoy using Trutein with the recipes!
    -Love, the TruNutrition Sciences forum rep, Eric

16. Trixie July 24, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

Can I have the waffle recipe?