Switching It Up…Breakfast Edition

19 Feb

NewImage

Need a little breakfast inspiration? I’ve got you covered.

Lately I have been winning like crazy in the first meal of the day department and decided to share the glory; mainly they were blogger inspired recipes, but also an easy one from me at the end.  First up:

Power Pumpkin Roll

OMG I’m going to be making these for a while. So many variations are possible and I can’t wait to experiment more with it. Yum!!!

Another recipe I tried from Kasey?

Mini Power Cake with chia oats and frosting

for the oats, I just cooked them on the stove with a big scoop of chia seeds and almond milk. This was post-workout so I decided it would be a good idea to top everything with some protein frosting sauce made with cookies and cream whey isolate (just mixed with some almond milk.) FYI, this is my favorite whey isolate protein. It’s naturally sweetened with stevia and the taste is AMAZING. The chocolatey protein puff was also awesome and very easy to make…just mix and stick in the microwave.

Oatmeal Minus the Oats

I was excited to try this one when Tina posted about it and it is now a regular at my house as well! the base is banana and egg(whites). It is a fun and interesting way to change things up and get in a serving of fruit. Make sure you top with nut butter!

Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with Spiced Yogurt

Katie knows her oatmeal and this sure didn’t disappoint. The smell of these right out of the oven was so, so good. It could not stop sniffing them, haha. I topped mine with some almond butter and as my protein source had some greek yogurt mixed with stevia, ginger, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Eventually I broke up the baked oatmeal and mixed the pieces into the yogurt—>good choice.

Creamy Coconut Oats

I used my Kelapo coconut oil from my Conscious Box on top of my cinnamon egg white coconut extract oatbran and it made for a super creamy bowl of deliciousness. For breakfast today, I decided to get even fancier and mix dark chocolate cocoa powder and a dash of stevia with my coconut oil and it made a rich, delicious frosting. It was incredible! Coconut oil has been getting a lot of attention in my kitchen lately. I love it!

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I’m happy to have found some new combos to keep things extra special in the morning. Because let’s be honest; the thought of breakfast is pretty much the reason I get out of bed. Am I right or am I right.

What is your current favorite breakfast?

17 Responses to “Switching It Up…Breakfast Edition”

1. Katie Carso February 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

So funny you posted this! I said to myself today that I need to switch up breakfast this week! I am going to try to do a new breakfast every morning!

Happy Sunday! <3

2. Tessa at Amazing Asset February 19, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

i need to get better at switching up my breakfasts… there are so many tasty and new things out there! Thanks for the inspiration, I think I will try the oatless oats first :)

3. Jocelyn February 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

mmm the creamy coconut oats look good!
    I like plain oatmeal with maple syrup in the morning…or eggs!

4. thisfitchick February 19, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

WHAT?! okay all of these look amazing and very creative!

5. pbbrittany February 19, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

All of these breakfasts look amazing! I need to switch up my breakfasts more often but I’m a creature of habit. :P

6. Alexandra February 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

Everything in this is making me drool!!! I have to try some of these!

7. lifeofgrowth February 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

Is oatmeal, with various toppings! :D
    and tea or coffee, of course! :)

Kiss

8. jessi February 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm #

GAH i love breakfast too. By far my fave meal, I literally get so rattled when I miss it or don’t have time to make something goood. Love that you’re switching it up, everything looks awesome! I honestly think I could start everyday of the rest of my life with a big bowl of oatmeal though and be perfectly happy haha!

9. Kat February 20, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

YUUUUUUMMMMY!!
    Im kind of stuck with one breakfast food right now, but Im totally ok with it. Now that I make my bread at home, I have toast almost EVERY morning. Its just so filling and comforting. I literally cant wait for breakfast every morning! lol

10. eatingforexcellence February 20, 2012 at 5:48 pm #

Oh I love the idea of the oatmeal minus the oats! Do you have a link to the recipe for that?

• Sweetly Fit February 20, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

I linked it, if you click on the title it will take you to the recipe. :)

11. Sarah February 20, 2012 at 11:36 pm #

Yumm! All of these looks amazing! Loving the power pumpkin roll – will most definitely be giving that a try :)

12. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! February 21, 2012 at 12:16 am #

Mmmm so many wonderful oat creations!! I always have the same types of oats so I definitely need some new inspiration! Can’t wait to check some of these out!

13. Maggie @ Running on Fro-Yo February 21, 2012 at 12:17 am #

These all look delicious- I definitely want to try that cookie dough oatmeal! I’ve been on a pancake kick lately, especially pumpkin protein pancakes!

14. KatsHealthCorner February 21, 2012 at 3:20 am #

I love all of the oatmeal in this post!!! I am totally going to try out that power cake! :)

15. Keeping inspired at breakfast is so important. My current favorite breakfast is a bowl of Kellogg’s FiberPlus(R) Cinnamon Oat Crunch with a few banana slices, almonds, and a dash of extra cinnamon thrown in. So good!

16. caloricandcrazy February 22, 2012 at 1:40 am #

Man, all of those breakfasts are making my mouth water! They look sooooo yummy and delish!