another week, another prep

26 Feb

Hello beautiful people! This will be a quickie because I have a massive heap of Biology books to read my way through in an attempt to pass tomorrow’s exam. Wish me luck, I’m going to need it. But first: two things of importance today:

1) I celebrated Pancake Sunday!

Sneaking my green’s into breakfast, woot woot!

I used Kasey’s Lean Green Pancake recipe and it was pretty darn delicious. These babies were perfect with some peanut butter, bloobs, and maple syrup for dipping. You’ll never see my pancake pictures with maple syrup on top…I am a syrup dipper all the way. I think you get more of the flavor that way. It’s been a while since I’ve had a proper pancake breakfast, mainly due to time constraints, and I’m glad I was finally able to get my fix in!

2)You know what Sunday is….yep, it’s Sunday Prep Day again over here!

I’m letting other bloggers do most of the recipe thinking for me this week because my brain is currently filled to the max with cell reproduction and plant/animal/fungi history (please let me pass this exam tomorrow). Luckily, there is never any shortage of creative meals circulating through the blog world, so I have a feeling I will get by just fine. ;)

I made a big dinner last night in order to have leftovers.

Shrimp Bake with tomato, onion, and olives

starting point:

pulled out of the oven:

This recipe was inspired by Tina’s (well, actually her husband Mal) recipe a while back for chicken with tomatoes, onions, and black olives. I switched it up by using shrimp instead of chicken and it turned out great! Can you tell I’m on an olive kick lately? You either love ‘em or hate ‘em, which is funny because I used to HATE them. Now I can’t get enough! Interesting how things change over time.

plated up with feta and spaghetti squash:

Paleo pumpkin pancakes

Because obviously this morning’s breakfast would not fulfill my pancake needs. These will perfect to snack on this week.There were plenty of finger dips into the batter and I can assure you, they are safe to eat and will most likely taste amazing as well. ;)

I’m also planning on making Naomi’s Curried Meatballs (with ground chicken) later today. Keeping things interesting!

Did you do any food prep for the week?

Are you a maple syrup dipper like me or do you slather your pancakes?

Olives: love ‘em or hate ‘em?

16 Responses to “another week, another prep”

1. Healthiful Balance February 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm #

Yay for celebrating pancake day! Those green pancakes look super awesome. :) Have a great week!

2. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! February 26, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

I love all the pancake eating going on! The green ones look delicious….as do the paleo ones! I have to check both those recipes out!!

3. Katie Carso February 26, 2012 at 5:27 pm #

I slather my pancakes with syrup! Only way to do it! my son is the same way, he had pancakes today and I asked him ” Do you want some pancakes with that syrup?! ”

Happy Sunday girl! <3

• Sweetly Fit February 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

haha I knew what you’re response would be! ;)

4. vivacioushealthyme February 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm #

All is looking great. Good luck for your exam. I made a big batch of What runs Lori paelo lasagne so that should keep me going for 2-3 days mmm

• Sweetly Fit February 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

That is on my to try list. It looks awesome!!

5. pbbrittany February 26, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Pancake Sunday?! That’s neat, I didn’t know it was pancake Sunday. :P Too bad I actually don’t like pancakes…. But the shrimp bake you made looks delicious!

• Molly February 27, 2012 at 4:41 am #

Pancake haters unite! Well, not really “haters” but they’re just to heavy for me. But I like waffles. Which is probably weird because they’re basically the same batter. :)

6. Miriam@Bellaspire February 26, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

LOVE pancakes!! When I was training for my show (w/Jillfit!) I got to eat pancakes on Saturdays. My favorite combo is 1/2 c. oats, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 3 egg whites, 1 stevia, sprinkle of cinnamon mixed in a magic bullet. High protein, super easy and sooo yummy!!

• Sweetly Fit February 26, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

that sounds great! Thanks for the idea, I will try that sometime.

7. caloricandcrazy February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

Prep Sunday sounds like such a good idea!

• Sweetly Fit February 26, 2012 at 11:51 pm #

It really helps when you have a busy schedule!

8. Tessa at Amazing Asset February 27, 2012 at 12:28 am #

Great job on all of the food prep! Such a great idea and helps so much during the week! I am going to try those green pancakes sometime soon :)

9. eatingforexcellence February 27, 2012 at 2:04 am #

Ohhhh goodluck with your exam! I’m sure you’ll do great :) and those pancakes look delicious!

10. KatsHealthCorner March 6, 2012 at 10:51 pm #

Now I really want some pancakes! :)

11. PowerCakes™ (@PowerCakes) March 29, 2012 at 1:49 am #