It’s a Choice.

19 Mar

Hi all!

Remember when I said I was going to take it easy this weekend and not worry about the paper I was so nicely assigned over Spring Break? Well, yeah…I couldn’t stop thinking about it and decided ENOUGH. I’m going to get it out of the way with NOW. So after spending Saturday stressing about it, I got down to business on Sunday and wrote that sucker out. DONE! And I feel a million times better. I have become the type of person that can not relax until I accomplish the things on my to-do list. This is not exactly a good thing considering my to-do list is never ending. But that, my friends, is life. I’m proud that I was proactive and got it done with but I know I also need to learn to just let go sometimes and not worry so much about things that need to be done. It can make a person crazy…not that I’m speaking from experience or anything… :) If you spend your time constantly worrying, how will you enjoy the good things in life? I don’t want to waste anything more of my effort on WORRY. So here’s to making the choice to focus on the GOOD; I’m choosing happiness, love, laughter, fun, smiles, relaxation, craziness, and any other positive emotion you can think of! Who’s with me?!

A few things of recent note:

1. Cascade Ice so kindly sent me a case of drink goodies.

Cascade is a sodium free, caffeine free, gluten free, and low/no cal (depending on variety) sparkling water beverage. They come in a ton of flavors, including their new one: Chocolate Strawberry. I have to say that this flavor is AWESOME and in my opinion way better than any of the others. It is spot on for tasting exactly like a chocolate covered strawberry. Fun treat!

Cascade

Peach Mango, Cosmopolitan, Coconut, Margarita…among many others.

Thanks Cascade!

2. Practicing more yoga has been a success.

I have said time and time again how much yoga helps me calm down and feel centered. It has been fun to get back into it. I haven’t been doing anything too crazy or structured…just trying to take a few minutes here and there when I am feeling overwhelmed. It really helps, guys.

3. I made Little B’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein (Muffins)

Hers were bars, but I went for muffins because I realized I didn’t have any available pan to bake in. B mentioned her huge soft spot for Reese’s and peanut butter eggs and how these are her creation to satisfy that particular craving. Peanut butter? Chocolate? I’m in. These were sooooo gooooood! Granted you could say I have more of a taste for healthy foods than the average person, but these babies really did taste like a peanut butter egg to me. I will be making them again!

***

Today started off with a nice little run on the treadmill just to wake myself up. I was planning on going outside but I woke up to the pitter patters of rain. I’m thinking it will be a great day to stay inside, cuddle up with the pup and a good book! Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!

Question for today:

Any tips for managing a to-do list while keeping stress in check?

12 Responses to “It’s a Choice.”

1. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! March 19, 2012 at 5:23 pm #

Congrats on getting the essay done! Crossing off something on your to do list always feels amazing! Enjoy your break!!!

2. Brittany @Little b's healthy habits March 19, 2012 at 5:36 pm #

So glad you liked them!! :)

3. Linz March 19, 2012 at 8:15 pm #

Chocolate strawberry?? Mmmm! I love chocolate and fruit!! That flavor sounds amazing! Whenever I get overwhelmed with to-do lists I always do the easy stuff first. :) Or I try and multi-task…. ie: put a load of laundry in and then go do _______. It kinda breaks it up a bit. :) And I take breaks. Lots of breaks!

4. Meg March 19, 2012 at 10:58 pm #

Oh my gosh girlie :) I am beaming. I am so happy for you too. Feels good eh!? :D

Have a wonderful spring break, love :) and thanks for reviewing B’s bars – I have been wanting to make them :)

5. caloricandcrazy March 19, 2012 at 11:34 pm #

those muffins look awesome! great job at being so proactive :)

6. eatingforexcellence March 20, 2012 at 1:17 am #

It must feel so great to have that essay done! Sometimes having things hanging over your head is the worst and ya just gotta get it done! Those drinks look great, chocolate strawberry?! Unique but it sounds gooood

7. Lisa March 20, 2012 at 3:51 am #

Those muffins look so good! off to check the recipe. You’re blog is so cute btw:)

8. Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) March 20, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

Yay for having the essay done girl! Now you can really enjoy spring break!

Happy Tuesday! <3

9. funfreshfit March 20, 2012 at 1:02 pm #

Yum! Those waters look great and the muffins look delicious!! High five on getting the paper done! Hope you’re having a great week :)

10. dayglows March 22, 2012 at 2:18 am #

The Reese’s eggs are my favorite! I gave up chocolate for Lent and every time I see those I just want to quit and scarf down like 10 of them.

Yoga helps me calm down as well, yet I still can never convince myself to stick to a regimen. I don’t know why, since I always feel so refreshed afterwards.

11. Kat March 23, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

yummm to those muffins!!
    and yay for more yoga!! I really need to get more in as well. My booty is KILLING from the torture Ive put it through this week :)