What I ate Wednesday: New Month, New Things

4 Apr

Welcome to April everyone! I’m really digging this new month so far. A fresh start. An opportunity to re-evaluate things. A chance to set new goals. I’m ready to rock! I’m also ready to rock because it’s Wednesday and that practically means it’s weekend time….which practically means it’s Easter time! I’m heading home on Friday afternoon to see the fam and snuggle with my pup. Can’t wait!

For What I ate Wednesday this time around, I’m featuring all new things that I’ve tried and loved lately.

New Snack:

I was given a bag of these Blueberry Hemp Superfood Power Snack Bites from Nativas Naturals. Upon opening up the bag, I was hit with a major scent of blueberry goodness and eating them, I could taste the strong blueberry flavor throughout each bite. They are also packed with delicious nuts, seeds, and superfoods like chia, maca, camu-camu and maqui.

Completely raw, organic, and natural. Just the way I like it! I like them, I really realllly like them. :)

New Shake:

Since seasons are changing and weather is warming up, I have been falling back in love with smoothies and shakes for breakfasts, snacks…sometimes even a quick lunch. This new all-natural veggie protein by MRM is fabulous! It uses a blend of pea, rice, and hemp protein and also has flax and chia powder in it, making shakes nice and thick and adding a nice punch of omegas. It gets better: a proprietary fruit and veggie blend is even added. Seriously tasty stuff, awesome nutrition, and one of the more affordable options I’ve seen. It’s a keeper!!!

~Banana Flax Frapp~

1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, 1 frozen banana, 1 tbsp instant coffee crystals, 1 scoop Mrm vanilla veggie protein powder, 1/2 cup greek yogurt, 2 tbsp ground flax, dash of stevia, vanilla, and thickening gums, and 2 cups ice

~Chocolate Sunflower Green Monster Frapp~

1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, 1 scoop Mrm Vanilla Veggie Protein, 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter, 1 frozen banana,1 tbsp instant coffee crystals, 1 tbsp raw cacao powder,  2 handfuls organic spinach, dash of stevia and thickening gums, and 2 cups ice

New Dessert:

I have been making this new combo a ton lately: CHEESECAKE in a cup anyone? I’ve done several variations on this: strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, peanut butter, etc.

Here is the base:

• 1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese
  • 1/2 serving of a thick vanilla protein powder (my FAV is Truscience Caseinator)
  • splash of sweetener, vanilla extract, and milk if needed

Blend with an immersion stick blender (or other blender) and add in your choice of blend ins/mix ins/toppings to make whatever cheesecake you would like. For the above photo, I went with peanut butter and ground flax. The ground flax acts as an excellent cheesecake “crust.”

*I also like to stick it in the fridge for a while before I eat it so it gets even thicker and is nice and cool. Love love love!

New Baked Good:

I took Little B’s Blueberry Protein Muffins and turned them into bars. They are so darn good. Give me a fork and I could eat that whole batch. Yum!

with cottage cheese, of course.

New Burger Change-Up:

Chicken Chili Lime Chicken Burgers from Iowa Girl Eats!

How pretty are they? These definitely were a nice switch up from your typical burger recipe and they were so simple, too. Ground chicken is very tastey; if you have not tried it before, do! It’s very flavorful and I think I like it better than ground turkey now!

Have you tried anything NEW lately?

20 Responses to “What I ate Wednesday: New Month, New Things”

1. sdorsay (itrainthereforeieat) April 4, 2012 at 1:55 pm #

Yum, those burgers and blueberry bars look great!! I might have to try those soon!

2. Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) April 4, 2012 at 1:58 pm #

So many new and yummy things!

I have to try those little power snack bites, look so good!

Happy Wednesday love! <3

3. PowerCakes™ (@PowerCakes) April 4, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

wow everything looks SO GOOD!! ;]

4. Kat April 4, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

mmm girl everything looks incredible!! Im totally on the lookout for new protein powder, the one you shared sounds great! Im going to have to check it out :) Those bars look amazing too! Im always searching for new snack ideas!

5. Alexandra April 4, 2012 at 3:00 pm #

Those power snack bites sound AWESOME! And I’m drooling over that protein bar recipe, definitely going on the must bake list :) Thanks for sharing!

6. Allison (Allison's Delicious Life) April 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm #

As always, I absolutely love seeing all your recipe finds! Those chicken burgers look especially delicious and would be great for sunday night prep cooking!

7. Tesssa @ Amazing Asset April 4, 2012 at 3:20 pm #

Those power bite snack things sound fantastic! Definitely something I would enjoy :) And the recipe is great too! Thanks for the NEW ideas :)

8. Kammie April 4, 2012 at 3:25 pm #

Protein muffin cake? Digging it!

9. Tamar April 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm #

Hi there! Just hopping over from the WIAW on Peas and Crayons. I am intrigued by your cheesecake recipe….YUM! I love cheese cake and this seems like a surprisingly tasty healthy alternative. Can’t wait to try it! Also the burgers look succulent, mmm. Great new things to try, thanks for sharing!! :)

10. Meg April 4, 2012 at 4:16 pm #

wow hun! this is so impressive! everything looks absolutely amazing! I definitely love the sounds of your shakes!

11. Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 4, 2012 at 4:54 pm #

Have a great time with your family this weekend!

I’ve been loving Sunwarrior lately, so I may have to try out that protein powder! :)

12. janetha April 4, 2012 at 6:10 pm #

Wow, you definitely have you adventure pants on!

13. busylivinghealthy April 4, 2012 at 7:29 pm #

Everything looks so delish!! I NEED to try to make the banana flax frap! It sounds soo good! :)

14. healthybellyellie April 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm #

LOVE LOVE LOVE blueberries! Just made some yummy blueberry muffins last night! So delicious! I love Navita products! They never disappoint, I will have to try those!

15. funfreshfit April 5, 2012 at 2:05 am #

YUM I don’t even know what to comment on individually cause everything looks so great! I’ve been dying to get some yummy smoothies and shakes into my diet lately! Gonna have to try these! :) Hope you’re having a great week!

16. katie@nutritioninapeanutshell April 5, 2012 at 2:10 am #

mm, looks like delicious new stuff! Especially that chili-lime burger, I am definitely off to check that out :)

17. katie@nutritioninapeanutshell April 5, 2012 at 2:11 am #

Mmm, it all looks delicious! Especially those burgers, I’m off to check them out ;)

18. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! April 5, 2012 at 2:57 am #

Those blueberry bites look delicious! I am a big fan of the blueberry larabars so if they are anything like that I know I would LOVE them!

19. Healthiful Balance April 5, 2012 at 10:14 am #

Those power snack bite look delish! I dont think they would last long around me. :)

20. Lisa April 7, 2012 at 7:51 pm #

Yum, your food always looks awesome! I am loving shakes lately too. Especially when its nice outside, I can’t get enough. Have you tried the vega vanilla chai protein powder? It is definitely my favourite protein powder lately.