With zucchini being in season, I have been going through them like crazy. One of my absolute favorite ways to eat them is in homemade zucchini muffins! After browsing through recipes, I just decided to wing it and make up my own. I have found that my protein powder (linked below) makes delicious doughy baked goods, and adding in a bit to this recipe was no exception!
- 1.5 cups flour (I used grinded oat flour)
- 30 grams Dymatize cinnamon bun protein powder (or other protein, or more flour)
- 1.5 cups grated zucchini (water pressed out)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup stevia baking blend
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients, adding in the egg last. Mix until just combined. Pour into greased muffin tins. Sprinkle additional cinnamon on the tops. Bake for 25 minutes.