Here’s a little recipe I promised after my What I Ate Wednesday Post. Enjoy!
A change up from a regular banana bread loaf, these cookies take only a few minutes to put together and are a delicious way to use up a banana that’s going bad.
- 1.5 cups flour of choice (I used a mixture of whole wheat pastry flour and oat flour)
- 1 over-ripe banana (browner the better)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of sweetener if desired
Mash banana. Mix together all ingredients. Form 6-8 plops of batter onto a greased baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until done to your liking, about 10 minutes depending on cookie size.