My mind was set on baking something extra delicious this weekend. I was thinking of something Fall related, perhaps some apple pie muffins? However, I had a special visitor who came bearing a bag of bananas just begging to be made into banana bread. Well, twist my arm. I guess that will just have to do. :)
My special visitor was my mom! She knows very well that the way to my heart is clearly through food. So here is my banana-licious creation; moist, sweet, packed with healthy carbs and a good dose of protein!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3 heaping scoops vanilla or banana flavored protein powder (30 grams per scoop) (I don’t recommend using all whey protein for baking as the result can be dry. I like casein and/or vegetarian proteins for baking)
- 1/4 cup Stevia Baking Blend
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond)
- splash of egg whites (or 1 egg white)
- 1 heaping tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a baking loaf pan by misting lightly with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients and mix until just mixed. Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. *Baking times vary greatly depending on oven and on how well done you want it. Be sure to watch carefully!
Makes 8-10 thick slices.
Yum. That is all.
Now go make this and eat whilst enjoying your weekend! Have a good one everyone!