My mind was set on baking something extra delicious this weekend. I was thinking of something Fall related, perhaps some apple pie muffins? However, I had a special visitor who came bearing a bag of bananas just begging to be made into banana bread. Well, twist my arm. I guess that will just have to do.
My special visitor was my mom! She knows very well that the way to my heart is clearly through food. So here is my banana-licious creation; moist, sweet, packed with healthy carbs and a good dose of protein!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 3 heaping scoops vanilla or banana flavored protein powder (30 grams per scoop) (I don’t recommend using all whey protein for baking as the result can be dry. I like casein and/or vegetarian proteins for baking)
- 1/4 cup Stevia Baking Blend
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond)
- splash of egg whites (or 1 egg white)
- 1 heaping tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep a baking loaf pan by misting lightly with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients and mix until just mixed. Pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes. *Baking times vary greatly depending on oven and on how well done you want it. Be sure to watch carefully!
Makes 8-10 thick slices.
Yum. That is all.
Now go make this and eat whilst enjoying your weekend! Have a good one everyone!