Single Serving Chocolate Covered Pretzels

11 Jan

What a simple recipe for something SO delicious. Here is my take on yet another old favorite treat, that turned out way better than I thought it would!

NewImage

NewImage

Ingredients:

• one serving pretzels (mine were 24 pretzels per serving)
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1/4 cup greek yogurt
  • splash of milk
  • a few drops of butter and/or almond extract
  • a pinch of stevia

Directions:

In a small bowl, mix together protein, yogurt, milk, extracts, and sweetener. Lay out a piece of wax paper sprayed with cooking spray. Begin dipping each pretzel piece into chocolate mixture and placing onto the wax paper. Once all pretzel pieces are coated, transfer to the freezer to harden for at least 10 minutes.

*Note: These are ready to eat right away, after the brief time it takes to harden in the freezer. They can stay in the freezer longer than that, but should be eaten within the same day that they are made, otherwise the pretzels will get soggy. That is why this is a single serving recipe, so you can eat it all up while it’s good and fresh!

9 Responses to “Single Serving Chocolate Covered Pretzels”

1. cleanfoodcreativefitness January 11, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

Love this recipe! Definitely going to be trying it with gluten free pretzels!

• Sweetly Fit January 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

I actually used Glutino’s brand of gluten free pretzels for these (love them) and they worked great!

2. Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) January 11, 2013 at 9:42 pm #

LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe! Excellent variation on chocolate-covered pretzels.

3. Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 11, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Oh wow. I would have never thought to make a chocolate coating with yogurt and chocolate protein powder. Awesome recipe, hun! Thanks for sharing!

4. jessielovestorun January 12, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Great recipe, and I love the ingredients!!

5. paoang January 12, 2013 at 1:17 pm #

The recipe looks great! I really have to start buying chocolate protein powder haha …

6. A Tablespoon of Liz January 12, 2013 at 1:33 pm #

yum, I love chocolate covered pretzels! I love how you used protein powder and greek yogurt as the ‘chocolate’ as well. Makes it so much healthier!

7. Kailey January 14, 2013 at 3:38 pm #

Love that this is a single serving recipe :)
    All for me haha

8. plateitnclimb January 15, 2013 at 11:31 am #

My mom is checking this out, I think she may request them soon ;)