Let’s Get Updated

16 Jan

Here it is, another Wednesday, so naturally I thought I’d show up for weekly food party. But first…two things:

Thing #1: Latest Pup Pics

NewImage

NewImage

Cleo went to her very first dog spa appointment, aka the groomer. :) She got all decked out with a scarf and two bows. The scarf lasted about 10 minutes. We are currently down to one bow. But hey, it was cute while it lasted.

Thing #2: Sweetly Fit got featured as a 2012 Golden Heart Award Winner

accessrx.com just put out a list of the top bloggers of 2012 in weight loss education, in which I was included on! Although I don’t think my blog is geared specifically towards weight loss, and instead more of a healthy approach to life in general, I was nonetheless honored to be next to blogs that have inspired me all the way back to when I first discovered this community. I use this blog to share my adventures and passion for health, fitness, and food, and if others can enjoy or benefit from it, then that is all the motivation I need to keep things going.

And now, some food for the party.

egg white oatbran with walnuts and maple syrup

spinach salad with roasted kabocha, eggs, and peanut flour sauce

roasted kabocha squash, beans+cheddar+crackers for dipping

pumpkin baked oatmeal with cottage cheese and banana

chocolate covered pretzels, persimmon, greek yogurt

roasted broccoli slaw pasta with marinara and chicken, buttery baked potato love

some chocolate covered pretzels and some cheesecake. Typical. :)

Plus much much more of course, but things have been kept pretty simple and a lot of repeats due to to still not feeling too great. I’m still battling some health issues right now and am hoping to get some answers from my doctor soon so I can things back on track with life. Thanks to all who are supporting me through this not so fun time right now. Love you all!

On the exercise front, I have been completely sedentary since January 1st. Kind of ironic how the majority of sedentary people are currently kicking it up a notch per New Years resolutions, while me, the very active person, is taking a total break, haha. It’s interesting how things work out sometimes. Anywho, a break is always good for the body and hopefully I’ll be nice and recharged by the time I’m back in good health. With exercise being a huge part of my stress relief, it’s been tough to be away from it. However I know it will be beneficial. Whenever I take a break, I’m always that much more pumped up when I get back to it.

School-wise, I have until next Tuesday before I jump back into things. I’m savoring the time I have left with no schedule. That part has been oh-so-nice. :D

I hope YOU ALL are doing fantastic and have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

16 Responses to “Let’s Get Updated”

1. Katie Gagliano (@HealthyDiva31) January 16, 2013 at 9:31 pm #

I am thinking of you <3 Hoping you do get answers girl <3

Nothing wrong with taking rest, your body probably needs it if you are feeling that and good for you to listen and take rest!

Your pup is SO cute!

Love ya!

2. Kaila @healthyhelperblog! January 16, 2013 at 11:44 pm #

Hope you’re feeling better girl! Being any kind of sick sucks!! Looks like you’re still eatin awesome food though! Can’t wait to have my own apartment and be able to cool
    Whatever I want!!

3. Katie January 17, 2013 at 12:49 am #

Your meals always look so good! I’m sorry you’re still not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. I am having to take a break from intense exercise and may end up having to take a complete rest from exercise all-together for a while, so I know how hard it can be. Hang in there! Everything’s going to be okay. :)

4. Amanda @ .running with spoons. January 17, 2013 at 2:30 am #

Big hugs, hun. Health issues are never a pleasant thing to deal with, especially when they’re a mystery. I hope you get the answers that you need soon so that you can start working on getting better. Until then, rest up and don’t stress – it’ll do you a tonne of good :)

5. adashofmeg January 17, 2013 at 3:03 am #

Hey Kristi! Sure hope the results come back ok <3 Always thinking and praying for you, girl <3 Really, you mean so much to me!

I can't believe you're not in school yet!? SAY WAY! Lol, well enjoy the last few bits of your vacay :) You deserve all the good in the world <3

Love you little miss

6. jessielovestorun January 17, 2013 at 7:46 am #

Sending prayers your way hunnie! Keep your head up high & stay positive <3 <3

7. Shannon January 17, 2013 at 11:39 am #

Feel better! Congrats on the award that is so awesome!!!

8. plateitnclimb January 17, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Girl I hope you get some answers soon. Good for you for giving yourself the rest you need and not worrying too much. You know exercise isn’t gone forever and this is just an opportunity to relax on break! Congrats on the award, that is awesome!

9. paoang January 17, 2013 at 1:16 pm #

I hope you feel better soon and that everything gets back on track as soon as possible. I’m glad you’re getting some rest, and like you said, the best part is that you’ll be really motivated to start back up! Keep being strong. <3

PS – I can't get over your puppy. And congrats on the award!

10. A Tablespoon of Liz January 17, 2013 at 1:51 pm #

Congrats on the award! And your puppy is adorable!!!

11. Ashley @ AlmostVegGirlie January 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm #

I know how tough it is to take time away from working out but hopefully your body will reward you for the time off once you get back into it!

I love the sound of that spinach salad with the kabocha and peanut flour sauce.

12. Lisa January 17, 2013 at 9:10 pm #

Oh man, I’m so sorry to hear about the health issues. It is so frustrating that things happening with our bodies can be such mysteries! I’ve gone through that before too. Hopefully everything is fine! Exercise will always be there after your feel better, so rest up and eat some good foods:) Which you seem to be doing anyways. Yum.

13. Yaara Leve January 17, 2013 at 10:06 pm #

Your food always look so damn good! I always get hungry after reading your blog–lol. I hope your health improves soon–and it’s great that you are listening to your body!! I completely understand finding other outlets to release stress–when exercise gives us those essential endorphins. I’ve been taking time off as well from high intense exercise as I actually got a stress fracture in my ankle from doing too much high impact stuff. It takes some time–but your body will heal!

14. Steph January 23, 2013 at 1:49 am #

Looks delicious!

15. Andrea January 30, 2013 at 2:30 pm #

I miss your blog posts!

16. Robyn @ thereallife_RD March 14, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

I love pumpkin baked oatmeal! would have never thought to put peanut sauce on squash, now I’m intrigued….

looks yummy!