What I’m Eating Wednesday

24 Apr

It’s been a while since I’ve joined in on the Wednesday food party but this week I decided I was not going to miss out. My new diet is still going strong and I really believe it is helping. Sometimes you just need to let your stomach heal and take a step back from the more questionable, irritating foods. It is really eye opening to see how certain foods were causing you problems all along and you didn’t even know it!

And I strongly recommend cutting out the sweeteners for a period of time to re-set blood sugar levels and tame your sweet tooth! I am amazed at how SWEET things taste all on their own after you get that under control. Amazing. Give it a try. It’s not fun at first, but very well worth it.

Tibits of my eats lately have including some of the following:

Breakfast

soft boiled eggs, avocado, and sauerkraut

Snack

afternoon smoothie: 1/2 cup frozen cherries, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop plant fusion protein powder, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 tbsp coconut oil, ice, hemp hearts on top

Lunch

spinach turkey olive salad with the most amazing and easy tahini dressing

More Snacks

almond butter with banana and strawberries

pineapple and sweet potato muffins (made without the stevia)ย with grass-fed raw butter

Dinner

spiralized roasted zucchini, avocado cream sauce, and tilapia

Dessert

Yes I still have dessert!

These little guys are awesome and so simple. Just combine equal parts coconut oil and dark cocoa powder and pour into silicon muffin tins. Set in the fridge/freezer to let harden and walah! Instant chocolate cups! You can add honey, stevia, etc if you want but I’m eating them bitter and delicious. ;)

14 Responses to “What I’m Eating Wednesday”

1. dolcem April 24, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

Mmm yummy loving all the healthy fats! Specially the butter, too many times butter is seen as a “bad” food, but it’s not! Do you find you have better energy with increased fats?

• Sweetly Fit April 24, 2013 at 4:17 pm #

Yes! Fat definitely equals more energy…and a better mood, too! :) Butter is an over-looked superfood for sure.

• dolcem April 24, 2013 at 4:18 pm #

Dang it sorry! It said the comment didn’t go through so I typed it up again…but it did

2. dolcem April 24, 2013 at 4:16 pm #

Mmmm loving all those yummy fats! I hate how butter is so often times labeled as “bad”, so good and good for us! Do you find you have better energy with increased fats?
    Hope you keep feeling better :)

3. Sarah Pie April 24, 2013 at 6:59 pm #

That’s an awesome suggestion for the chocolate cups! Hope you continue to feel better, I’m in the same boat right now and I know it can be difficult at times.

4. adashofmeg April 24, 2013 at 8:26 pm #

Absolutely amazing AND INSPIRATIONAL my love :) <3 Thanks for sharing your eats! I've been thinking of you lots lately. I can't remember the last time I used stevia and I LOVE IT

5. Jessy (squeezetheday) April 25, 2013 at 6:38 am #

Could you please make a post about quiting sweeteners? I NEED to tame my sugar cravings!

Also, does that protein powder not have any sweeteners?

• Sweetly Fit April 25, 2013 at 4:20 pm #

I will work on it! And yes you can buy this protein in an unflavored version. :)

6. plateitnclimb April 25, 2013 at 10:56 am #

I love the sound of that smoothie. I am looking towards the warmer weather for smoothies and trying out different flavors!

• Sweetly Fit April 25, 2013 at 4:21 pm #

Me too! I crave smoothies like crazy when the weather starts to get nice!

7. cottercrunch April 26, 2013 at 12:00 pm #

okay, where did you get your spiralizer?!! I need one!

• Sweetly Fit April 26, 2013 at 2:17 pm #

amazon! I’ve seen them at Bed Bath and Beyond as well. You do need one Lindsay!!

8. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate April 27, 2013 at 11:31 pm #

Delicious looking meals!

9. Brittany April 28, 2013 at 11:02 pm #

Your snacks and that dessert look GREAT! YUM!