It’s WIAW a little early today!
I know in the last post, I said I was going to turn into a zucchini from eating so many lately, but now I’m convinced I will soon be a chicken.
Eggs, eggs, and more eggs is what I have been eating. I can’t get enough. For breakfasts, I’ve been doing 2 drippy eggs along with 3 egg whites for some added protein punch. Then I top it with lot of fresh cracked salt and pepper. Saltier the better.
Along with my eggs, I will have a carb and a fruit to round things out:
This time it was two Van’s Light Waffles with cinnamon, butter, and sliced banana.
Bananas have taken a backseat since it’s berry and peach season at the moment, but I decided to pick up a few. Now I just want more berries.
big bowl of cottage cheese and zucchini muffins
hot dog mac n cheese with some steamed broccoli and cauliflower. This meal makes me feel like a kiddo again.
Stuft Mamma’s pumpkin protein dough with raspberries and sunflower seed butter
Oops, I did it again…
except not oops, because this was darn delicious. Making your own pizza crust makes all the difference in the world. It is actually really easy to do, too! Let’s take a look, shall we?
Triple Grain Hand Tossed Power Pizza
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- .5 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- .5 cup wheat bran
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- pinch of salt, oregano, basil, and garlic powder
1. Combine warm water with active dry yeast in a bowl and let completely dissolve-about 4-5 minutes.
2. mix flours with salt and seasonings in a bowl.
3. Pour yeast water into flour bowl and begin to mix everything together.
4. Add in your tbsp of olive oil and mix it in.
5. Knead your dough, mixing it well to get out all the air bubbles. I give it a good five minutes. It will thicken the longer you work with it. Mixture will be sticky. Don’t be alarmed, think you have failed, and contemplate throwing the whole thing away (not that I did that or anything.)
6. Cover mixing bowl with a towel and allow the dough to rise for about 1 hour.
7. Once the hour has passed, you can spread the dough out onto a pizza pan. I line one with foil sprayed with cooking spray. Makes for easy clean up. The mixture will be hard to spread, but just play with it until it’s all spread out.
8. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
9. Put sauce/toppings on your pizza while oven is preheating. Don’t put it in the oven until it’s fully heated.
10. Bake for about 10 minutes.
11. Switch your oven to the broiler setting and bake an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese starts to slightly brown.
12. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and digging in! This allows the cheese and sauce to settle and thicken so it is not runny.
Okay, that seems like a lot of steps, but it really is EASY PEASY. Trust me. And it’s worth it!
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 laughing cow cheese wedges
- dash of garlic powder and italian seasonings
Mix together and spread onto pizza after sauce layer.
Top with fresh basil for extra yum.
served with roasted zucchini pasta, because i’m obsessed.
Amazing. Thick, doughy, and dense. Yet light and healthy at the same time.
Dessert was quite amazing, too. I have been all about FRO YO with this crazy hot (and humid) weather we have been experiencing. I usually top my homemade fro yo with nut butter or healthy chocolate sauce, but this time I whipped out something even better:
Canned coconut milk, turned whipped cream
I used Katie’s easy instructions for this, which you essentially just open the can, cover the top, and stick it in the fridge. It thickens into the most magnificent fresh whipped cream you’ve ever tasted. You must use full fat coconut milk though. Fat is good!!!
1 cup greek yogurt, 20 grams vanilla casein protein, 1/4 cup almond milk, vanilla extract—>freeze and then re-blend into ice cream consistency.
Topped with 1/3 cup of coconut milk whipped cream.
UHHH MAZING! Next time I will try blending the coconut cream into the actual ice cream base. I have a feeling I will not be disappointed…
I will also never have any desire to buy this stuff again:
It’s a million times better and doesn’t contain any chemicals or other weird ingredients. Win? Oh yes.
Okay, best thing you’ve eaten today? GO!